The outstanding Chris Franklin is coming to Happy Endings Comedy Club.
NO1 double platinum hit song BLOKE but that is just the beginning, God News Week, Footy Show. PBS Radio Golden Storm Award for Best Up & Coming Comedian, National Triple J Raw Comedy winner and one of the best live comedians in the country
Chris started performing comedy in October ’97 and in just six months had won the prestigious triple j Raw Comedy Award for Australia’s best new talent. It didn’t take him long to rise to feature status. His accomplishments are outstanding and they include:
– PBS Radio Golden Storm Award for Best Up & Coming Comedian
– National Triple J Raw Comedy winner for Best New Comedian
– Grand Finalist National Green Faces Comedy Competition in Canberra
– Double Platinum sales for his hit single ‘Bloke’
– Aria Nomination ‘Best Comedy Release’ for ‘Bloke
– Aria Nomination for ‘Highest Selling Single’ for Bloke
– Chris’ first live DVD ‘Let Bogans be Bogans’ was released in November 2006
Chris has released a further single which was nominated in the 2001 Aria Awards for ‘Best Comedy Release’ entitled ‘Mullet Head’ a parody of the hit single ‘Gimme Head’ by THe Radiators. His TV credits include The Footy Show, Headliners, Recovery, Stand Up Australia & Good News Week (among others).
With Fabien Clark, The winner of Adelaide comedian of the year 2013 Fabien Clark is a stand-up comedian with a gift for storytelling. A regular on the Adelaide comedy scene since 2004; Fabien has performed his comedy at festivals and clubs all over Australia. He’s performed solo shows at the Adelaide Fringe and Melbourne International Comedy Festivals and he has also appeared on the Comedy Channel show ‘Stand-up Australia’.
“He’s just a post-hippie home manager looking for an excuse to fly the coop and entertain people” 4.5 Stars – The Sunday Mail
“An odd but entertaining cross between Carl Barron and Steve Irwin”– The Advertiser
“He might have lost his childhood, but he’s given his children something in return, the insanity defence” – The Herald Sun